понедельник, 17 сентября 2012 г.

Joe's out to win it for Wales; Las Vegas.(Sport) - Western Mail (Cardiff, Wales)

Byline: Delme Parfitt

JOE CALZAGHE last night spoke about how he is desperate to keep a phenomenal year for Welsh sport going by 'smashing up' Bernard Hopkins in Las Vegas on Saturday.

Following Wales' thrilling Grand Slam, Cardiff City's amazing journey to the FA Cup final and Swansea's promotion to the Championship, Calzaghe knows victory against Hopkins would keep going an incredible run of Welsh glory in 2008.

'Wales is kicking ass,' beamed the Welsh Italian. 'It's amazing that we have won the Six Nations and the Grand Slam and Cardiff Cityare in the FA Cup final.

'Now we are going to have me coming to Vegas and smashing up Bernard Hopkins.

It can't get much better can it?

'The bottom line is that I am by far the better fighter, I am younger, I feel stronger, faster and more skilful,' Calzaghe added.

'I can make this fight as easy or as hard as I like. I will keep my distance and use my skills and if I can fight to the standard I showed against Mikkel Kessler, then it's over.

'I am undefeated in 18years, world champion for 11 years and an undisputed champion.

'He is someone who has been beaten four times. So which one of us is the legend?

'The difference is that I don't go around calling myself a legend every second of the day.'

more

Calzaghe delivers the punchline: pages 64-65